Sandro Vieira Soares (Prog de Pós-Grad em Admin/Curso de Mestr em Admin –
PPGA/CMA/UNISUL - Universidade do Sul de Santa Catarina - Curso de Ciências
Contábeis/Centro Universitário Municipal de São José)
Carolina Freddo Fleck (Programa de Pós-Graduação em Administração/PPGA/UNIPAMPA -
Universidade Federal do Pampa)
Fernando Maciel Ramos (Mestrado Profissional em Administração/Universidade do Contestado
- Prog de Pós-Grad em Ciências Cont/Área Escola de Gestão e Negócios – PPGCCont/UNISINOS
- Universidade do Vale do Rio dos Sinos)
Graça Maria Do Carmo Azevedo (Programa de Doutoramento em Contabilidade/Universidade de
Andressa Hennig Silva (Programa de Pós-Graduação em Administração/PPGA/UNIPAMPA -
Universidade Federal do Pampa)
The research methods are dynamic and with permanent development, as they reflect
cultural, social, and technological changes. Therefore, there is a need for continuous
education of researchers. Thus, it is understood as relevant to the development of
research and reflections on the different Research Methods, been qualitative,
quantitative, or mixed. Such research and reflections make it possible to highlight
limitations and potentialities to generate new perspectives for research in Business and
- Discussion about methods on different theoretical perspectives and the impacts of the
application of these methods in the development of knowledge in Business and
- Discussion of best practices, limits, benefits, differences, and similarities of
- Scientific research Planning: Identification of gaps in knowledge, conceptual model,
prevention of bias (e.g. common method bias), etc between different methods.
- Approaches to the construction and testing of theories: life story, narratives, case
study, action research, design science research, applied research, participant
observation, phenomenology, phenomenography, grounded theory, among others.
- Interdisciplinary, multidisciplinary, transdisciplinary, multi-theoretical, and
multi-paradigmatic approaches to data analysis.
- Construction of instruments and data collection: observation, interview, documents,
ethnography, videos, images, database, relationship data (online social networks),
survey, experiment, simulation, development of scales, validity, confiability, etc.
- Data analysis: statistical modeling, econometrics, psychometric, scientometrics,
bibliometrics, informetrics, webometrics, patentometric, altmetric, social network
analysis, content analysis, discourse analysis, movie content analysis, data mining,
- Literature review: systematic review, qualitative review, integrative review,
meta-analysis, methodological review, etc.
- Rigor in the presentation and discussion of results, reproducibility of research, and
- Ethical issues related to all stages of the research, from planning to
- Epistemological studies on Business and Accounting (e.g. Burrel e Morgan, Kuhn,
Popper, Feyerabend, Fleck, Lakatos, etc.).
- Teaching research methods: opportunities and challenges of undergraduate and graduate
of Business and Accounting.
Keywords: Research Methods ; Quantitative Research ; Qualitative Research ; Mixed
Methods ; Data Analysis